Friday, February 04, 2005

I Made It!

With all of the complications I've had to contend with, I made it through in good spirits. I arrived in Seoul Thursday night, Feb. 3, 05 and my luggage should be ariving tonight around midnight. What can you say.

I am teaching my first class today at 3 pm. That would be 4 am for all of you good people in the est zone. I have five classes today of 55 mins each. With being awake for well over 30 hrs yesterday traveling, I'm a bit tired today but I had a wonderful Korean lunch today with the Director and his family.

Did you know that it is also a Korean tradition to sit on pillows on the floor. I did not. I thought I was in Japan for a moment. Show's what an American boy knows. Any way, it was mmm mmm good. I wont go into details of what all was there (mostly because I don't know) but we had duck, kimchi, and many other wonderful things. They had these pickled pepers that were wonderful. Very hot they were and I enjoyed them emensly. How wonderful it is not to have to beg for spicey food in a resturant. :-)

Thanks for checkin in.

Love and Blessings,

Ken

7 Comments:

At 9:24 AM, Blogger Darren B said...

"With all of the complications I've had to contend with, I made it through in good spirits"

Congratulations! Good to hear that you made it in one piece. I don't envy you the job of teaching for a full day on no sleep... do they have coffee in Korea? :-)

Thanks for taking the time to update your blog -- I'm looking forward to many more updates!

Darren.

 
At 10:00 PM, Blogger Al Menezes said...

Awesome. I'm sure it was long journey, and to have all that work to do today, must have been tough.

So whats the name of that hot pepper dish? You'll have to find out. I'm sure they have some great hot sauces around too. When they say hot, it should be HOT.

Keep posting, cause I'll keep reading.

Love and Bees....
Al

 
At 2:21 AM, Blogger Ken Schrock said...

Hey guys, it was good to read you comments. I'm glad that people are actually reading. Lots of Love.

Ken

 
At 6:47 AM, Blogger Ken Schrock said...

I'm not really sure what the pickled pepper is. I asked but all they said was, pickled peper. The language barier is challenging some times. It was good though.

 
At 11:17 PM, Blogger elden said...

Hi Ken
I never expected you to do any thing the easy way. How else would you know God is with you. It realy is nuts to be typing to you 1/2 way around the world but this is the world we live in.
God put in this place for a reason. The reason is for you to trust and become closer to Him so he can use you any way He wants to. He will use you to bring eople to Him. That is what He dose. Let use know things are going, We will keep praying for the kids your tasching they will need it. Oh we will also pray for you.
In Love With Jesus Elden

 
At 3:30 PM, Blogger Doug Schwartz said...

Hi Ken,
Glad you made it over there. Sounds like quite the adventure! It sounds like you sure enjoy the variety of food. May God bless you real good as you depend upon him. When I was in Brazil for a week, it became very evident that I needed an interpreter. God showed me by his spirit that just like I needed an interpreter to understand another language in another country, so the people of the world need an interpreter to understand the things of the spirit. They must have the spirit to understand his language. Be salt and light in this dark world my friend! Let us know how your teaching goes.

Doug Schwartz
Centreville, MI

 
At 5:35 AM, Blogger Ken Schrock said...

Doug and Eldon,

Good to hear from you both. Thanks so much for the prayers. And yes, my students do need prayer, but maybe not in the way you were meaning. (very funy)

Things are going well, and yes, I have been trusting in God for just about everything. It's been realy cool the way God has been working things out.

Love,

Ken

 

Post a Comment

<< Home