Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Mmmmmm!

Yes, another food entry. What can I say. Last night I hooked up with a new friend of mine, Gi Ho. I do hope I spelled his name correctly. Any way, we went to a Japanese restaurant. I never thought I would really like Jap. food, but you know what, it was really good. We had sushi, and shamashi (i think that's what it's called) and all sorts of wonderful little things.

The fish that we ate were swimming in the tank right outside our window, that is, until we ordered our food. You want to talk about fresh fish, well, need I say more. The guy walks out with a net, and the fish are like, ooo! a net! pick me pick me! And then it's like, "Whoa, hang on there buddy, what do you think you are doing! Put me back in that tank. Ouch! Hey! That's not funny .... gulp... ok, let's talk about this thing. Ouch!!! Stop it, uh, why is my side missing? Then to make it even better. They take the remainders of the fish, heads and everything, and they make this really good soup. It's a spicy soup with lots of bean sprouts, onion greens, and a few other things. I was playing with the fishe's mouth with my spoon.

This whole thing got me thinking about fishing back home. The fish that we ate didn't seem all that different from some of the fish that I catch and I thought, hmm, scale em, fillet em, and eat em right there on the spot. Ha! Wouldn't that freak some people out. I could run around the camp sight eating fish, and pretty soon I'd have the whole place to myself. :-) I can't wait to try it.

Now, I'm not a big fish fan, especially if the fish are fishy tasting. (go figure) But all of the fish I've had so far have been pretty mild. Oh ya, I really like squid too. Mmmmmmmmmmmm. Oh! another funny little thing that we ate was these really tiny shrimp. You eat them anteni, shell, legs, eyeballs, and all. They're so small you wouldn't be able to do anything else with them. I figured, hey, it's good enough for a giant whale, it's good enough for me. They actually were pretty good.

Anyone hungry yet? Just checking. You know, I'd order it all again. I really was quite yummy.

Mr. Sushi

2 Comments:

At 2:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Angela. Sashimi. I knew it was something like that. And yes, I know about the puffer fish. That's one thing that I don't want to try. I don't like putting my life in other peoples hands like that. I'm affraid the guy would goof up. Uh, sir, we've fired the chef, but um, you're still going to dye. Great! But Angela said all I had to do was eat it properly!!!!!!!! Thanks to Darren, my life has been spared. :-P

I'm glad to hear that I improved your lunch there Darren. I'll try to remember that. :-) I bet Sherie would make great sushi. lol

As per Catan, I have yet to play except online that is. I'm very much looking forward to teaching some people how to play. I haven't mentioned it yet to Gi Ho, but it's on my mind. (A motorcycle plate :-)

 
At 5:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's not the way that it's cooked, it's the way that it's cut up. If the cooker cuts the wrong thing, it poisens the entire thing. And then you're done for. One wouldn't even know until the results of ingesting it started up. Aack! flomp. eeeeeeeeeeeeeee cut him loose, he's gone.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home