Friday, March 10, 2006

Back in Korea

Hello there my blogging fans :-P  I know I know, it’s been a long time.  Well, I’m back in Korea and I’ve got my first week of Lila under my belt.  Shut-up, of course there’s room under there. :-P  I’m now getting back into a rhythm and it’s nice.  I’m working even more hours this year as we are short a foreign teacher.  Anyone want to come and teach?

Today was an interesting day.  I’m going to be on TV.  Yep, I’m becoming famous what can I say.  :-)  A Korean TV company called Airing TV came to Lila and are making a short documentary about our school, and as their most experienced English Teacher, Airing came into my classroom and taped me teaching.  I’m going to be on TV
:-)  How about that!  It’s a good thing I didn’t have to spell anything in class today.  :-P

It’s good to be back.  I’m enjoying my students again this year.  I was able to continue teaching my favorite class, though they don’t know that they are my favorite.  It’s a class of middle school students that are very mature for their age and is a conversational class.  I really enjoy this class for two reasons; one, the students themselves are great, and two, I can actually teach them things, important things, life things, not just English.  We do a weekly Bible study in that class.  :-)  Now that’s fun!

Blessings to you all,

Me      

10 Comments:

At 9:35 AM, Blogger John & Kathy said...

The blogger returns! Good to hear from you. It was great seeing you when you were home - even if it was a short visit! I'm glad your classes are working out well and you're starting off on such a positive note. I'm sure it's going to be an interesting year!

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger Al Menezes said...

Maybe you can record your 'teletubbie' show and post it here on your blog for all to see! Wow, a famous American English Teaching Korean television star! I need some more 'engrish.com' education!

Live is good here.....weather is awesome! Golfing time soon.

 
At 11:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

crazy crazy no more eggs!!!!!
Gwen I hear you callin....
Mel has left the building!
goodnight and .............
Danielle and me....sleeping at 11pm on sat........

 
At 2:48 PM, Blogger Darren B said...

So, I guess now I switch back from checking occasionally to checking regularly.

Good to hear from you. I assume now that you have a years worth of lesson plans saved on your hard drive that there'll be less paniced Googling in the evening and more adventures out and about. I'm looking forward to hearing them!

Blessings, Ken -- write more soon.

 
At 10:05 AM, Anonymous Deb said...

I'm not seeing a need to check regularly since its now been 2+ weeks since Ken has updated us on life in Korea . . . . sigh . . .

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger Darren B said...

:-(


That's actually either really good news or really bad news. On the good side, he could be out living la vida loca, or on the bad side he could be stuck inside living a teachers version of la vida loca.

 
At 10:08 AM, Anonymous me said...

I'm sorry to report that it's the latter, the teachers version. I have about 3 blogs bouncing around in my head that I need to write. As it is I'm teaching 10 hours a day and I have to move this weekend. I wasn't supposed to move until the mid of April but now I'm moving twice.

If you can believe this, I'm actually going to a smaller apartment! The rent went up in my building so they need to move me. Oh so much work ahead of me. I know I'll need to scrub the new place down before I get "moved in" and then I'll have to do it again in a few weeks. Blaaaaa! I'm all for cleaning, but when you move to a knew apartment it seems the previous tennents didn't know how to clean and you are left with the grime of decades to scrub away.

Ok, I'm done cryin, sorry I haven't written. I'm going to bed.

:-P

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger Darren B said...

Ieee! Moving is no fun, moving twice is half as much fun and moving to a smaller place makes it... lemme do the math... no fun at all. :-(

At least no one can accuse you of being lazy... neglectful (of us), certainly, but not lazy. No sirree, Bob. Not lazy.

Hopefully things will settle down for you! Are the 10 hour days the new normal for you? At least there's no time to be bored. :-O

We'll pray for peace for you, Ken.

Blessings,
Darren.

 
At 2:41 AM, Anonymous me said...

Thank you for the prayers. Unfortunately the 10 hour days are the norm, until that is, we hire another teacher. Does anyone out there know of a Christian who wants to teach in Korea? The pay is 2.2 million Won a month and housing is also furnished. Said person would work about 120 hours a month. Working conditions good. Very friendly foreign teachers to work with, one of which is pretty darn handsome if I say so myself. ;-)

 
At 10:14 AM, Anonymous Deb said...

Only 120 hours a month? Sign me up! :) (ok....so dont really sign me up - - -but what a vacation that would be to only work 120 hours per month. . . )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home